Can’t find a club – START A CLUB!
Toastmasters groups are formed every day in a variety of settings across the world. Groups meet onsite at corporations, churches, community centres, even in restaurants. Community clubs are generally open to anyone, while company clubs are usually limited to employees of that company and are called “closed clubs”.
The process to form a Toastmasters group is simple and all of the materials are provided for you! You can start a Toastmasters group onsite at your corporation or other organization, or you can start a local group in your community. This is the first step to start a group of people like yourself on the journey to improving your speaking and leadership skills!
Organising a new Toastmasters club can be a challenging, personally rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. The benefits to you as an individual in sponsoring or mentoring a new club are as follows:
- In addition to building new friendships, building a new club gives you an opportunity to make contacts with people who might help you with your career advancement
- You will grow your communication and leadership skills
- You can achieve a qualification towards the Toastmasters International Advanced Leader award – a tangible step towards the highest award possible in Toastmasters, the Distinguished Toastmaster Award (DTM)
The reason for establishing new clubs is integral to the Toastmasters mission, as it serves to give more people more choices in times, dates and venues to participate in the Toastmasters International programme, and to reach more people who have not yet had the opportunity to experience the growth in confidence and capabilities that the programme offers to all involved.
- You need a minimum of 20 members to register a new club and the costs are as follows (dollar-based as Toastmasters International is a US-headquartered non-profit organisation):
- Club start-up fee $125
- New member kit $20 per person
- Membership dues $36 per person (membership for 6 months)
This means for 20 people to get the club going, it will cost $1245, at 8.5 R/$ this comes to R10582.50.
To start a club, contact Sandra Cooper on firstname.lastname@example.org or
Paul Jensen on email@example.com